10.15. Heating system of back glass
The heating element of glass of a door of a back consists of the horizontal current-carrying strips connected on both parties by vertical tires. One tire is connected with «+» the onboard power supply network, another – to "mass" of a body. The supply voltage of an electroheater of 12 V.Pitaniye to a heating element moves through F2 safety lock in the assembly block located in salon of the car.
If after electroheating inclusion the surface of glass remains crude, check F2 safety lock. If the safety lock is serviceable, check a control lamp or the voltmeter, whether there is a supply voltage on conclusions of a heating element of glass. For this purpose a control lamp (or the voltmeter) connect to a conclusion «+» an elektroobgrevatel and "mass" of a body. If the supply voltage is absent, check electroconducting of a power-supply circuit of an element and eliminate malfunction.
If the safety lock and a power-supply circuit of a heating element are serviceable, check serviceability of its current-carrying strips.
Check carry out at the working engine and the included electroheating of back glass. By the voltmeter serially measure tension on all strips, having connected one conclusion of the voltmeter to "mass" of a body, and another – it is consecutive to current-carrying strips. If the tension measured by the voltmeter at the beginning and the end of strips, equally and approximately equally to tension of the storage battery, check reliability of contact of a "mass" wire of a heating element with a car body.
Tension on a strip should decrease in process of removal of a place of connection of the voltmeter from the tire of positive polarity of an element. It is necessary to measure tension at least in two places at identical distance from a symmetry axis to exclude probability of the admission of the damaged site. At detection of discrepancy of indications on one of strips move contact of a wire of the voltmeter along this strip until tension does not become equal to zero. The sharp voltage reduction indicates a rupture of a strip in this place. Note on an external surface of glass a piece of chalk or a steklograf a gap place for the subsequent repair of the damaged site.
For repair of a heating element it is possible to use one of special sets available on sale which structure includes silver. In spite of the fact that sets are made by different producers, their structure is approximately identical, and all of them are supplied with the instruction on application. The standard operating procedure with these sets below is given.
1. Remove a strip site in length of 6 mm from each party of the damaged place.
2. Wipe the damaged place the pure fabric moistened in alcohol.
3. Paste on glass in a place of damage of a strip a repair sticky tape or two pieces of a usual sticky tape from above and from below a repaired site, and the distance between pieces of a sticky tape should correspond to width of a current-carrying strip on glass.
4. Carefully mix a hardener with the main structure of silvery color. If the hardener thickened, place packing with it in hot water and wait, when the hardener becomes liquid.
5. Put with a wooden shovel composition on a repaired site and remove a sticky tape.
6. Establish a heater at distance of 25 mm from the damaged place and heat up composition within 1–2 minutes. Minimum temperature of heating of 149 °C.
In some sets the structure should not be heated up: it полимеризуется at room temperature.
7. If after drying the strip became colourless, put on it with a brush tinting iodic structure – color of a strip will be restored. After the iodic structure will dry up during 30 with, wipe a pure fabric without pile its surpluses. During polymerization of the repair composition proceeding of 24 h, exclude any mechanical impact on the repaired site of a strip.
8. Include and check work of a heating element of back glass.
If the wire came off the tire, solder it the solder containing 3 % of silver and kanifolny paste as gumboil, in the following order.
1. Clear a soldering place on the tire and a wire vein.
2. With a brush put on connected places of a wire and the tire of a little kanifolny paste.
3. Apply a thin film solder on a wire vein.
4. Solder a wire to the tire, avoiding an overheat of connected details.