5.14.2. Check of pressure of fuel in a power supply system
The main criterion for determination of serviceability of a power supply system of the engine is pressure of fuel in a fuel stage.
At insufficient pressure of fuel the following malfunctions are possible:
– unstable operation of the engine;
– engine stop idling;
– the increased or lowered frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft idling;
– insufficient acceleration performance of the car (the engine does not develop full capacity);
– breakthroughs and failures in operation of the engine at car movement.
For a start we recommend to check reliability of electric contacts in blocks of plaits of wires of knots of system of the injection, responsible for supply of fuel (an electrogasoline pump, nozzles).
To check pressure of fuel in a power supply system it is possible only a manometer with a hose for connection to a fuel stage.
1. Include ignition and listen — you should hear a sound of work of an electrogasoline pump within several seconds. If the sound of work of an electrogasoline pump is not audible, check an electric power-supply circuit of the pump.
If you included ignition three times without attempt of start-up of the engine and once again the electrogasoline pump will not start to work, it is not a malfunction sign. It will join at the same time from the beginning of start-up of the engine a starter.
At removal of a hose a small amount of fuel can flow out. Wipe it rags.
4. For check of pressure of fuel connect in a gap between a fuel hose and the union of a fuel stage a manometer with a limit of measurements not less than 5 kgfs/cm2.
5. Connect to the fuel module a block of a plait of the wires, disconnected at fuel pressure decrease, and start up the engine. At the idling engine pressure in the pipeline should be about 350 kPas (3,5 kgfs/cm2).
The following reasons of pressure decrease of fuel are possible:
– the regulator of pressure of fuel is faulty;
– the fuel filter of thin purification of fuel is littered...
... or filter of a toplivopriyemnik;
– the fuel pump is faulty.
7. Disconnect a manometer from a fuel hose and the union of a fuel stage.
8. Connect a fuel hose to the union of a fuel stage.